What is a Boxed Flower Arrangement?
A boxed flower arrangement is a mix of flowers designed in either a wood box, hatbox, or basket—all of my flowers within a box use floral foam (see photo below). The floral foam allows me to create a full handcrafted arrangement while keeping the flowers and greens in the wet foam. The damp foam allows the flowers and greens to take water in and remain fresh for days.
My flowers should last a week, give or take a day or two, depending on their level of care. The good news, caring for your box flower is easy. Simply follow these tips to increase the life of your flowers.
- Check if the floral foam is wet or damp daily. If the foam dries out, it is less likely to take up water again, so try to keep floral foam damp or moist at all times.
- My flower boxes, hatboxes, or baskets all contain a waterproof plastic container. Nonetheless, watering the flowers can cause water to seep through the wood slates. If this occurs, I recommend placing your boxed flowers on a plate or tray to protect your furniture from water stains.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight and heating or cooling vents.
- I recommend when watering the floral foam to use a water bottle with a small mouth. A water bottle allows for better water control. Once again, you don’t want to overfill and stain your furniture.
- Generally, 1/4 cup of water each day is enough to keep the foam wet. I recommend you pour into the water into the arrangement’s center to avoid the box getting wet.
When Should I Pick a Boxed Flower Arrangement Over a Vase?
If you notice, most of my flower arrangements are in a box of some sort. Boxed flowers are ideal for gifting to people who won’t have time to take much care of the flowers. They do not require a vase or other container to store them. A boxed flower arrangement needs no rearrangements to be made. These boxed flowers look lovely as table centerpieces. Or for “Get Well” flowers in hospitals as they are easy to move around, and you don’t have to worry about them getting knocked over.
Below Are A Few Boxed Flower Arrangements From My West Hills Flower Shop